Submitting your monthly attendance using the "Monthly Attendance Submission" is the most important step in order for ACS to process your payment. To submit your attendance for payment processing, click "Attendance," in the navigation bar at the top of your profile and then click "Monthly Attendance Submission." The screen displayed in Image 6 will appear.
If you click here, you'll see a list of the dates when each service month will be available for payment processing: When can I submit my attendance for payment?
In the example below, the Current Service Month is listed as February. This means that during the first week of March, we are submitting child attendance records for processing and payment for the month of February.
At the top of the screen, there will be a breakdown of your records. Below (image 6.1) is a list of descriptions for the statuses of each type of child record displayed in the Monthly Attendance Submission screen. You can also locate each record's status by viewing the "Status" column.
- Incomplete: A child record is “incomplete” if there is at least one day during the Current Service Month for which an entry is missing (i.e. a time-in/time out, an absence or a closure). Entries must be completed for those days in Daily Time Entry or Weekly Time Entry for that child. A child record marked as Incomplete for the Current Service Month cannot be submitted in Monthly Attendance Submission.
- Completed: A child record is “completed” if there is an entry entered for every day of the Current Service Month for that child (i.e. a time-in/time-out, an absence or a closure), but the record has not been submitted for processing yet. The record is ready to be submitted in Monthly Attendance Submission.
- Submitted: A child record is “submitted” if the record has already been submitted for the Current Service Month in Monthly Attendance Submission. Entries for that child can no longer be edited in Daily Time Entry or Weekly Time Entry until the Current Service Month is closed for processing of the claim. Invoice processing can take up to 7 business days.
The remaining statuses (under Others) may apply to child attendance records from the current service month or from months prior to the Current Service Month:
- Completed: A child record is “completed” if the record falls in one of the two following scenarios:
- The child record had not been submitted for a month prior to the Current Service Month and is ready to be submitted for that month, or;
- The child record has already been submitted and processed for claiming for a month prior to the Current Service Month, however at least one daily entry has been edited in Daily Time Entry or Weekly Time Entry since that month’s closing, and the record is now ready to be re-submitted for an adjustment of the claim for that month
- Non Submittable: There are several actions that will trigger an attendance record to be temporarily moved into “non-submittable” status including:
- Enrollment modifications – dropped enrollment, modified enrollment, new enrollment;
- Anything that updates parents’ fee – income modifications, family size modifications, fund stream modifications;
- Closure modifications.
If any of your records display in “non-submittable” status please try to submit again on the next business day for processing.
The icon in the Action column (image 6.2) allows you to see an overview of the entire month of attendance for that child.
Any days that appear in red mean attendance has not been entered (image 6.3). You must enter time in and time out attendance, an absence, or a closure for the days that appear in red before you can submit your attendance for payment processing.
For more information about entering attendance, check out the quick guides below: